Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Greatest Décor Idea Ever

The search terms I get seem to be ten times duller than everyone else's*, so I don't usually publish them. But I just noticed that someone got here by searching for space invaders flock wallpaper.

Now I really, *really* want some. Sadly it doesn't seem to exist. Anyone know?


* But just as a quick round-up: no, I'm afraid I don't know where Danny Dyer lives, I don't know how to rob objects from other people's rooms in Habbo Hotel, and I don't know if Elliott Smith ever wore pink. But I am pretty sure that insects can't get into your brain through your ear, although I have a terrible irrational fear that a spider (which is not an insect) can**, and not only will it get in, but it will also MAKE A WEB THERE.

** And therefore so can Spider-Man (not Spiderman, sorry).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I was just listening to your Asteroid Hopper song. That's part of the 'space invaders' thing, isn't it?

Be grateful for search terms. Since I made the traitorous move, no-one finds me at random any more, more's the pity. So blogger is doing something right that wordpress isn't.

Now get designing that wallpaper. Thoguh it sounds a bit busy.

Anonymous said...

Just listen out for the sound of Rice Krispies...

LC said...

I strongly advise you not to click on this link, P.

Sylvia said...

Steady, P - any talk of interior design is dangerous! You know where it leads!

Are you familiar with the work of the Design co Timorous Beasties?
They are very interesting. They have bee wallpaper, which looks like space invaders from a distance:
http://www.timorousbeasties.com/products/wallpapers/entomology/159

Love their London Toile:
http://www.timorousbeasties.com/products/wallpapers/Toile%20Wallpaper/9

Dave said...

Get a 96" plasma TV to cover one wall. Plug in retro games console: et voila, one moving space invaders wallpaper substitute.

Dave said...

Albeit not flock.

Apologies also for foreign bit creeping in to last comment. I don't know what came over me.

Sean McManus said...

Not wallpaper, but wall decorations:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/6425/?cpg=cj

I've got a set (not yet on the walls). Each invader is about a foot square.

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Can't help you with the wallpaper, but I could always knit you some space invader socks.

cello said...

All you need do is draw some spaceshippy shapes on your wall with a Pritt Stick and then empty out your handbag and pockets ( as you are wont to do anyway) and smear the bottom-scrapings over the wall.