Saturday, June 04, 2005

Intermission: So Much Comedy, So Little Time

Ohh, I´ve seen things you people wouldn´t believe, but there´s no time to go on about it now. I have a 10am rendezvous with a deserted palm fringed island beach where piña colada flows freely from a wellspring among the dunes and everyone is permanently young, tanned and beautiful.

Look at me, all joyful for a change. And I didn´t even swim in the Pozo de la Felicidad ("The Pits of Happiness"). However I may well have contracted cerebral malaria from my jungle adventure. (Note: when travelling to malaria-infested regions of the world, it´s often a good idea to take malaria pills. Oh.) And if I haven´t, I´m going to learn Arabic. Let joy be unconfined! Now, where´s my coffee?

5 comments:

cello said...

Is that what we grown-ups call an oxymoron?

Fizzy good said...

Yeah well.

Look you, I went to Wales. I love books, me.

nibus said...

I've been to Wales, and I studied Arabic (not at the same time). Do I win a prize?

patroclus said...

I've been to Wales, but it wasn't a success. I had to drive home to London again to get my chequebook, and then I had to smash open my piggybank to get the £1 for the Severn Bridge toll. Unhappy times. And I haven't studied Arabic. But my Spanish is now second to none. Solo bueno!

Konrad said...

Forget Arabic, learn German!! It works for me, ehehehehe!