Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Genre Bending

Not much time for blogging this week, as I have Very Important Stuff to attend to, like going to see Sigur Ros, mentally preparing myself for Green Wing Series 2, and hanging around the LSE pretending to be a privileged daughter of the European bourgeoisie.

So just a quick note to inform anyone who's interested (that'll be very few of you) that it's officially Indietronica, Folktronica and Countrytronica Week here at Quinquireme Towers!

And in honour of this auspicious occasion, here is a little playlist of indie/folk/countrytronica songs what I found on the internet:

The Notwist - Consequence (courtesy of Good Weather for Airstrikes)

Tunng - Tale From Black (courtesy of Tunng themselves)

Track A Tiger - Seashaken Heart (courtesy of Aquarium Drunkard)

Husky Rescue - Summertime Cowboy (courtesy of Charlatantric)


Also, in not-tronica, but quite the most stunningly romantic song I've heard all year:

Trespassers William - What Of Me (courtesy of Can I Get A Receipt)

Lovely springtime listening. Go to it!


tags: | |

9 comments:

Dave said...

Thank you. My playlist has certainly taken a new look to it since I started to read your blog.

patroclus said...

It's my pleasure, Dave.

Spinsterella said...

I am totally traumatised by the revelation that "indie don't dance".

Clearly I have been doing this, like everything else in my life, completely wrong.

patroclus said...

Funnily enough I thought of you when I came across that blog, Spin!

Occasional Poster of Comments said...

Impeccable taste as ever, P.

I've got a few Trespassers William songs. Not What of Me, though. And it seems to have been taken down now. Anyway, Lie in the Sound and Vapour Trail are rather lovely. You probably have them, but links to relevant blogs included just in case. A few tracks from their new album here as well.

patroclus said...

Thanks OPC! Try it now, while I have a look at these links of yours. I have that new album - it's very nice.

Mags said...

I'm delighted to know there is some vague kind of genre that "Summertime Cowboy" fits with, and am downloading the others forthwith. Just saying "Summertime Cowboy" makes me start singing it...

patroclus said...

I may actually have made up the "countrytronica" genre just for "Summertime Cowboy", Mags. Do you have the album? It's outstanding. OPC will back me up on that, I think.

These other songs are all also great, and have grown on me to the extent that I keep having to switch the internet off so last.fm doesn't spot me listening to them over and over again like some kind of teenage muso geek.

Now, where's my anorak?

Occasional Poster of Comments said...

Yep, I'm with P on the Husky Rescue album. It's currently beside my stereo in the little stack of CDs I never quite get around to putting back on the shelves. Which is always a good sign.

Ah, a new link to What of Me. Didn't see that last night. Thanks, P. Will check that out when I get home from work.